|TENOR GUITAR FOUNDATION
"Fostering musicianship four strings at a time" - an Oregon 5013C Non Profit.
The purpose of the TGF is as follows:
- To manage, oversee and promote the Annual Tenor Guitar Gatherings in Astoria, Oregon
- To secure a place in Astoria, Oregon to house the Tenor Guitar Hall of Fame
- To help maintain the Tenor Guitar Advisory Board and the Tenor Guitar Hall of Fame
- To educate people about the tenor guitar via on-line workshops, film documentaries and the creation and promotion of a travelling Tenor Guitar Orchestra
- To "gift" tenor guitars to young people, who are the future tenor guitarists of tomorrow, and to people of any age who would like to pursue the tenor but may not be able to afford an instrument
|We have expanded our goals for the year and would greatly appreciate those who cannot attend the gathering to become a TENOR GUITAR ANGEL by clicking the DONATE button to keep this informative website up, and for us to be able to "gift" some inexpensive tenor guitars to young children, the players of tomorrow, as well as those who would like to play, but cannot afford an instrument. With your help, we will be there for them, "Fostering Musicianship Four Strings at a Time!"
8TH ANNUAL TENOR GUITAR GATHERING - JUNE 2 - 3, 2017: http://tenorguitargathering.info
The Tenor Guitar Foundation is proud to announce that the 7th Annual Tenor Guitar Gathering will be held on JUNE 2,3, 2017. Keep an eye out on the menu bar to the left for ANNUAL TENOR GUITAR GATHERING pages to learn about this year's artists, workshops and performances, and to buy your tickets and T-shirts when they are available!
SADLY, OUR LEADER, MARK JOSEPHS, PASSED AWAY ON JANUARY 18, 2016.
His dream lives on as the Tenor Guitar Gathering WILL take place in Astoria, Oregon from June 2 - 3, 2017
In lieu of flowers or other memorialization, Mark’s family (and extended tenor community family), would love to have people donate to the Tenor Guitar Gathering, to help in funding for the artists and venues to keep Mark’s dream alive.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President - Josh Reynolds
Secretary - Wally Balmer
Treasurer - Erich Sylvester
Director - Josh Reynolds
Director - Ken Heikkila
Director - Howard Blumenthal
Director - Karen Sexton Josephs
Director - Donna Josephs